Our unisex, hardwearing wool sweater inspired by Ray Jardine’s original. Ray Jardine invented the Friend. He took his first set of working prototypes to Yosemite in 1974 and climbed dozens of difficult routes. He is credited with discovering and redpointing the world's first 5.13, Phoenix, in 1977. Ray climbed the first UK routes with Friends in the Peak District in 1977, when Mark Vallance invited him to visit Wild Country and start manufacturing them. Our modern Forged Friends are the culmination of nearly 30 years of refinements on Ray’s original design. Today, Ray is an adventurer, wilderness expert, sea kayaker, round-the-world sailor and cross-country hang glider pilot, among other things. This classic, rib-knit sweater has Durastretch reinforcements on the forearms. Made of British wool. Features: Traditional rib-knit sweater, warm and breathable, naturally odour resistant, durastretch reinforcements on the forearms, Made in the UK.
Delivery and tracking begin when you receive the shipping confirmation email. Orders may take 24 to 36 hours to process.
- Shipments to Italy are delivered within 2/3 business days.
- Shipments to the European Union take approximately 4/5 business days.
- Shipments to the rest of the world take approximately 6/7 business days (not accounting for customs delays).
To return a product, you have to complete the procedure within 30 days of delivery.
- All returned products must be in perfect saleable condition.
- Returned products must be unworn, unwashed and unaltered.
- Returned products must have all the original tags and labels and be in their original and integral packaging.
Check the Returns page in the Help Area here.